Key Messages from PEBA’s Board of Trustees
- The Alliance will not share risks.
- Public entities have common benefit interests and challenges. Working together to buy benefits is cost effective.
- Entities can maintain their unique plan design.
- The goal is to save tax dollars by aggregating purchasing for cost effective employee benefits.
- Broad participation in the plan is important to achieve economies of scale for better buying power.
- The Alliance will be organized to get the greatest number of lives to maximize purchasing power.
- A consolidated procurement model will reduce duplications of effort. Because entities have varying benefit plan designs and renewal dates, the Alliance will provide flexibility so entities can join as their plan years end.